• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gear setup

lords

has anyone ran the DuneRunner with the 35,25,25,25 setup and speed check it?

28-30 cc engine...

Martin

It should give you around 50-55mph for +/- 15000rpm engine, but you will loose all the take off the line.

lords

Thanks and yep i know this about the low end

just wondered about the top end as this is what the setup is for

besides the 36,24,25,25 and that will be next....

low end ain't a problem with a 30.5cc polished and extra ported....

Martin

I don't see a problem yet with that gearing, that give you 5.99:1 final ratio, your engine can handle that ratio.

You can try 37/23, and if you want to go further than 37/23, you can start playing with some 26/24 or 27/23 on C&D gears, or maybee 31/19, but I think the engine will not handle it.

lords

Martin said:
I don't see a problem yet with that gearing, that give you 5.99:1 final ratio, your engine can handle that ratio.
You can try 37/23, and if you want to go further than 37/23, you can start playing with some 26/24 or 27/23 on C&D gears, or maybee 31/19, but I think the engine will not handle it.
thanks and yep looking for top end...

any setup i use so far with my engine it just spins both tires like when the powerban kicks in..lol i will see if i put it back to 4 wheel drive it will keep it tight...

cool to didn't know there was 37 ..where do i get that from?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts