• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear plate shims

G

Deluge said:
The RCScrewz kits are stainless. Which is pretty soft. They're meant more for corrosion resistance, than strength.
They are harder than the factory hardware. I've never stripped a head on one yet. I have rounded lower quality hex driver tips on the stainless screws. So IMO they are a good improvement over stock.

rob64n

Contributor
Deluge said:
The RCScrewz kits are stainless. Which is pretty soft. They're meant more for corrosion resistance, than strength.
stainless soft, no it depends what grade you buy. Break a head off a stainless bolt and try to drill it. You'll melt a drill bit before you put a dent in the bolt, lol

Deluge

Well, obviously it depends on the grade. The RCScrewz are a bit soft. The screw heads, in particular. Like I said, they're meant more for corrosion resistance, than strength.

Shawn213

Deluge said:
Well, obviously it depends on the grade. The RCScrewz are a bit soft. The screw heads, in particular. Like I said, they're meant more for corrosion resistance, than strength.
+1 i wasted my money on a set of them a few years ago the they are way too soft

G

Shawn213 said:
+1 i wasted my money on a set of them a few years ago the they are way too soft
Wow, that's interesting, I've had great luck with mine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.