• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear plate shims

rampagemt

Hey guys I need to get shims for my gearplate and don't know what ones I need. Thanks

G

The gear plate shafts are 8mm. So shims with an inside diameter of 8mm will work.

G

Might as well order both. I would.

rampagemt

Macmaster Carr to the rescue. Awsome prices and only living a state away! Super fast shipping. They got more on that site then I thought! Has anyone ever used eZ out to getting screws out if the torx trick don't work? Got a stripped screw

G

rampagemt said:
Macmaster Carr to the rescue. Awsome prices and only living a state away! Super fast shipping. They got more on that site then I thought! Has anyone ever used eZ out to getting screws out if the torx trick don't work? Got a stripped screw
I've never had much luck with the tiny easy outs. They tend to just break.

Heat will always melt the locktite. A tapped in torx driver normally has enough grip.

rampagemt

I'm hoping to get to that later! See what I can do I need to get myself a better tool set. Plus the stock screws are so shitty

G

The stock screws are a bit soft. When ever I remove one I try to replace it with a stainless replacement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.