• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gear plate bearing

markrufrider

hi fellow redcat owners what size are the bearing in the gear plate of the dune runner will a set of 8x22x7 fit in if you could help in any way will be very appreciated thanks

G

They take 4 of the 8.22.7 and one of a 10.26.8, so a total of 5 bearings on the plate.

markrufrider

would you recommend putting ceramic bearings in the gear plate than the standard ones that come with the cat rc dad

G

I've never had a problem even with the stock bearings. They are oversized for the application. Any good SS bearing will do. I like the metal shielded versions.

markrufrider

its just that yesterday when i took my DR out it blew two bearings in the gear plate on the centre shaft completely blits them to bits i was shocked not sure if it was the high heat but iv ordered more ss bearings if it happens agen i mite try ceramic ones instead

markrufrider

cheers mate the joys of rc bashing i suppose its all a learning curve at the moment for me :)

metal finisher

Contributor
that happened to me on the mt don't know if its your case or not but i put the nut on way to tight putting pressure on the bearings took 2 sets before i figured it out hope it helps you!

markrufrider

arrrrrrhhhgggg maybe metal finisher i have changed the clutch on the DR so maybe when i put it all back together it was over tightened thanks for the info

markrufrider

question to someone who may no will the hpi baja tyres fit on redcat dr rims i no its a little off topic but its good to no or do i need the rims of a baja aswell ?

G

You have to use Baja wheels. There currently are not any aftermarket tires for the DR wheels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts