• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear Mount Plate

Phill

Hi RC

On RC pitstop you have gear plate part #050004 and it says for MT and X series

Is there any difference between it and part #054004 which is sposed to be for the DR?

They look the same to me.

Thanks

Phill

G

It will bolt up to any of the Redcat gassers. It works with the square drive gear set. If you have the 4 pin mount gears, you would have to swap the clutch bell, shafts, gear mounts and gears.

It won't work with the 4 pin shafts and clutch bell. They are shorter.

Phill

Thanks Mate

I knew you'd have the answer

Does that mean the 054004 will run the pin set?

I already have the metal plate with pin gears and all I'm really after is the K shaped bearing holder that comes with it.

I can't find it anywhere as a separate item.

G

No 050004 is for the square drive. The center gear bearing mount is not sold seperatly.

050111 is the gear plate for the 4 pin gears.

Phill

Thanks

It's strange but when you buy one here you don't get the spacers or bearing holder with it

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Here, part 050111 does not come with the bearing holder or spacers, but 050004 does. That is because 050004 is an upgrade to the V2 which came with plastic versions of the plate and bearing holder. The V3 here comes with these parts in aluminum.

Phill

Now you've confused me

My DR came with plastic plate and gears (which lasted exactly 4 mins) but a single steering servo and the new chassis.

Does that make it a V2 or 3?

Phill

I'm wanting to go to 29/31 gearing and from what you tell me it's looking like square drive is the way to go.

I still have the plastic plate with square drive so I'm assuming the shafts and bearings will fit the alloy plate?

Can you point me towards the bits I need please?

I may as well upgrade the centre diff bearing holders while I'm at it.

Thanks

TheCount

Phill

Thanks mate

Been wondering where you've been

He's always the first place I look

He's got the gears I want but not the plate

The plate is over at rchobbystore.com.au

Another good place is rchighperformancehobbies.com.au

Now I need the part number for the centre diff bearing plates

Trouble is I'm finding lots of bits that look alike in the pics but have different part numbers and usually no info on what they fit

Are you running square drive or 4 pin?

TheCount

I have been busy with other stuff. ( Getting things organized for my wedding in September. & honey moon in he US.) no time for spending on my toys either. :)

Both mine came with the square drive gear setup.

054003 should be the center diff mount.

054004 should be the gear plate.

These part numbers come from the parts sheet that came with my Bajer/Dune Runner.

Yesterday was the first time all summer i have had a chance to take mine out for a bash. I put a new .28 in one of my 1/8 mt so i needed to run it in. I bashed my 1/5's between tanks. My MT went for swim.lol. well only the rear end was in the water. No damage, it fired back up & went hard. My DR was running hard, UNTIL it stripped the A & B gears. (metal ones). That's the second time it's done that. I think i'll remove the gear cover & run that way. my mt runs fine with no cover.

And my other 1/8 lost a grub screw out of the rear drive shaft. lol. I swear it's always something with those nitro trucks.On the bright side the new motor is now 4 tanks old & running well. Those little .28 scream like a banshee.

G

Phill said:
Now you've confused meMy DR came with plastic plate and gears (which lasted exactly 4 mins) but a single steering servo and the new chassis.

Does that make it a V2 or 3?
Neither if it is not a Redcat. The V2 and V3 refers to changes Redcat made in the vehicles they have manufactured. The version changes are not from HSP. Not all HSP distributors get the vehicles equipped the same way.

Phill

RCDAD said:
Neither if it is not a Redcat. The V2 and V3 refers to changes Redcat made in the vehicles they have manufactured. The version changes are not from HSP. Not all HSP distributors get the vehicles equipped the same way.
Damn

I thought HSP was just Redcat rebadged

They look exactly the same but I guess that's as far as it goes eh?

It's certainly been a steep learning curve

With all the probs I've had I'm begining to think I bought a lemon

Phill

TheCount said:
I have been busy with other stuff. ( Getting things organized for my wedding in September. & honey moon in he US.) no time for spending on my toys either. :) Both mine came with the square drive gear setup.

These part numbers come from the parts sheet that came with my Bajer/Dune Runner.

Yesterday was the first time all summer i have had a chance to take mine out for a bash. I put a new .28 in one of my 1/8 mt so i needed to run it in. I bashed my 1/5's between tanks. My MT went for swim.lol. well only the rear end was in the water. No damage, it fired back up & went hard. My DR was running hard, UNTIL it stripped the A & B gears. (metal ones). That's the second time it's done that. I think i'll remove the gear cover & run that way. my mt runs fine with no cover.

And my other 1/8 lost a grub screw out of the rear drive shaft. lol. I swear it's always something with those nitro trucks.On the bright side the new motor is now 4 tanks old & running well. Those little .28 scream like a banshee.
Yep those nitro are fun

I've got a 1/8 Thunder Tiger that screams

I drove it into the surf once - rinsed it through with WD 40 then fuel and it still goes

G

Phill said:
DamnI thought HSP was just Redcat rebadged

They look exactly the same but I guess that's as far as it goes eh?

It's certainly been a steep learning curve

With all the probs I've had I'm begining to think I bought a lemon
HSP is a manufacturer. They do sell under their own name but also have distributors like Redcat. Redcat is the largest and has a huge influence on what gets manufactured. Other companies also market products like Awemi, Exceed and Maverick. They are similar but not exactly the same. Redcat will make improvements in design and materials and sometimes the others will follow but not always.

Last edited:

Phill

RCDAD said:
HSP is a manufacturer. They do sell under their own name but also have distributors like Redcat. Redcat is the largest and has a huge influence on what gets manufactured. Other companies also market products like Awemi, Exceed and Maverick. They are similar but not exactly the same. Redcat will make improvements in design and materials and sometimes the others will follow but not always.
I think I'll pull it down to it's bare chassis and rebuild with REdcat

As I've found with the plates it gets difficult getting the right parts as most sites don't give advice re suitability.

I have the feeling I'll be asking more questions

Sergio

TheCount said:
I have been busy with other stuff. ( Getting things organized for my wedding in September. & honey moon in he US.) no time for spending on my toys either. :) Both mine came with the square drive gear setup.

Don't get married big mistake

TheCount

Sergio said:
Don't get married big mistake
This will be number 3 for me. :eek: . Learned from my mistakes. This one is a keeper. When i tell her how much i have spent on 1/5 scale. Her response is " It's your money , you work hard for it. Do what ever you want with it. If it makes you happy then i'm happy" YES SERIOUSLY THIS IS WHAT SHE SAYS!!!

She has horses to spend money on, so she gets it.

Phill

Hi Guys

Just pulling her down and noticed I have about 1/8" freeplay in the D shaft allowing the pinion to move in and out on the centre crown gear.

Is this normal or is something amiss?

If anyone has an exploded view it would be appreciated

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts