• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gave my chassis a stiffy

forist

Contributor
Here is what I came up with to stiffen up the chassis. Front/rear and center works with stock roll cage and stock body. No flex left to right on the front or rear and no banana flex at all in the center. Have not made it pretty yet need to do some grinding on it but works relay relay good .Also made some front shock limiters will do the rears in the next day or two.

Obeast44

Banned
That should stiffen it up! Im definitely liking the front/rear braces. I am admittedly not keen on the long one, but I bet it works like a champ!

After blowing another head gasket, Ive decided not to run my Rampage till I get it flex free. Granted it was a paper gasket, it still shouldnt have blown in the conditions it was being ran.

forist

Contributor
The limiting straps are made out of industrial door stoppers I had some from a boat factory I use to work at. Forgot I had them till the other day, they are a pain to get apart but works well very strong.

Obeast44

Banned
Found some different turnbuckles at Mcmaster-Carr. The eyelets are all straight but it wont be too hard to bend them at 45* angles. They have many different sizes available. Looks like Im going to have to take some measurements and place an order.The only downside is the smallest eyelit ID is 1/4inch.

badboy2

man if u still manage to bend that,idk what else we have to do to upgrade chassis..nice work..the brace are workin good for me..

badboy2

just ran a bit for today..ive hit the small jump that no matter what approach you do?youre gonna end up cartwheeling ...of course my forist brace survived again..no chassis flex or bends..from what i did today and i kept doin it ,i should be bending or breaking whatever is supposed to break?

as i was doin it,im telling myself that id be buyin a new chassis tonight..i guess not!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts