• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gas to electric

ocy9

i see lots of people converting their gassers to electrics when i would've expected the opposite to happen. what are the reasons for going from gas to electric?

personally, i've wanted to own a gas powered rc for a looong time. now that i've finally got one, i can't see myself swapping it for an electric any time soon. :)

G

For some its noise. For others it's the extreme torque and power you can achieve from the electrics.

Personally I love the gassers.

cordy

The electrics are the undisputed king of the hill,to go fast instantly and have reverse and wheelies.However for me its gas I don't care how fast the electrics are. The cats meow would be a gas 4wd that will wheelie.

Ol' fart

I think If you could get rid of that centrifugal(spelling?) clutch you would see a lot more power getting to the wheels.

Sergio

I love the way the xbe but there is nothing like the smell of gasoline in the mornig the electrics are too quiet for me i may get one in the future so far i have 2 savages and the Mt and Xb i may get a baja too but gasoline baby gasoline.

REVOlutionary Rampage

I like gas but electric is a close second especially now that brushless has exploded onto the scene. Gas is noisy and wide open space are needed but I live in the country were it isn't a big deal. In the city I can see why electric would work better especially space wise.

@ Ol' fart a variation of a dirtbike clutch that would fit our engines might work... maybe :)

rampagemt

I have always ran nitros when I got into the hobby and then I got the mt and I can honestly say I am never going to electrics I just live the sound and the maintenance involved it makes it feel like the real thing not a toy

ocy9

yeah, i'm just waiting for the day someone develops a better gasser clutch so we can see what they're truly capable of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.