• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gas jockys DDM Dom

Gas Jocky

Got some unexspected time today so I did the mod, it's not quite finished yet, I need to make up some skid braces still. I wont be able to run it till the weekend to see how it works but looking at just geralds mod I think it will.

DDMDominator001.jpg

DDMDominator007.jpg

DDMDominator006.jpg

DDMDominator003.jpg

Gas Jocky

MOfroggy said:
Looks like a lot of good work. I would be interested in hearing how it works for you. Have you run it with the body on yet?
MOfroggy
No I got a busted a-arm right now but I built it to fit the body, doesn't touch.

I mean the mcd underbody I'm using, the truck body would need to be trimmed behind the rear wheel wells

Last edited by a moderator:

Skater229

I would check the fuel lines, as they look a little close... Over all looks Great, I hope it works great also... :D

Skater

Skater229

The only other thing I can see is that alot of pipe to be held on with one bracket and the head bolts... Is there a way you can connect some thing to the rear shock mount to keep the pipe from being able to move? Not knocking the work, just don't want it to get trashed in the first hit...

Skater

MOfroggy

Sprint 77 and I experienced a grass fire inside the engine of a Baja under the cover. Thanks to his familiarity with how to get the cover off we avoided a disaster. I now carry a fire extinguisher in my truck. I can't imagine how bad a fire caused by a burnt fuel line could be.

MOfrogy

Gas Jocky

Skater229 said:
The only other thing I can see is that alot of pipe to be held on with one bracket and the head bolts... Is there a way you can connect some thing to the rear shock mount to keep the pipe from being able to move? Not knocking the work, just don't want it to get trashed in the first hit...
Skater
It's actually very sturdy but I see your point, I'll run it as is next weekend and see how it holds up. If it needs more support I'll add to it. It's already way heaver in the stern, I'm thinking I might need the Ramtech 20% heaver springs but we will see if there is a gain in performance first. Adding 3 inches might have taken away the tune of this pipe.

hellya

we will see if there is a gain in performance first. Adding 3 inches might have taken away the tune of this pipe.
it should be about the same as adding some silicone....from justG's video it still has kick to it:)

I can send you a pipe to modify ... I have 3....do you want to test yours first ..... how much for the mod/work

mabey if possible make the brace that comes off the rear wider so we can bolt up to both bolts

Last edited by a moderator:

Gas Jocky

I wasn't happy with the bottom end performace of the first Dominator mod, It had excellent mid to top end grunt, but no good for torque imo. So I took Sprints mod (I hope it's OK) and tucked it in front of the rear diff getting the pipe close to the original tuned length, a little shorter than than stock. It's a tight fit but it clears everything. A real improvement over the first mod, it lost the bog from a standing start on pavement. I'll know better after the weekend when I get to run it at the bashing spot.

DDMmod2022.jpg

DDMmod2023.jpg

DDMmod2024.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts