• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fuel

tink-tink

Random question but...

I have a 383 Stroker in my 1:1 and rund 93 octane same as in my DR but I also add a mix of octane booster along with lead additives( sea foam) this usually bumps my octane to roughly 110. How bad would I hurt this lil 30cc with the same sorts of additives?

G

I wouldn't waist it. I really don't think you'ld notice any improvements on a stock 2 stroke.

G

Just noticed it was your first post..

Welcome!

cordy

Welcome to the forum.These are little engines not rocket engines.Why do you want higher octane,for more power?Put a bigger block in you dr. Or if you got the octane up high enough you could blow the piston out of your stouck engine ,then you could put in a big block.

tink-tink

High octane actually Burns slower and more efficient thus creating more power at a higher compression ratio along with reduced detonation. I ask because in my 1:1 I run a 9.7:1 compression ratio this lil thing if my math is right is near 11:1. Has a higher risk of detonation and higher temps.

That's only reason I asked

cordy

Ok I didnt mean to be ofensive,if I was I apologise.Welcome to ther forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

tink-tink said:
High octane actually Burns slower and more efficient thus creating more power at a higher compression ratio along with reduced detonation. I ask because in my 1:1 I run a 9.7:1 compression ratio this lil thing if my math is right is near 11:1. Has a higher risk of detonation and higher temps.That's only reason I asked
Yeah, but 110 is overkill. There are guys out there who run highly modified engines, and they're using Coleman fuel, which is about 50-55 octane. I run an ESP 30.5 Champ port, which is at about 14:1 and I've ran 87, 89 and 91 without any signs of detonation.

tink-tink

Naw not offended just saying why I was thinking about it, also higher octane = cooler temps = more power

G

tink-tink said:
Naw not offended just saying why I was thinking about it, also higher octane = cooler temps = more power
Try it. See if it helps. If it does then you have an edge. :D

alfred e numan

welcome to 1/5th scale dude! these are a kick to run. these little engines do have high compression. the reason we can get away running these compression ratios is because there is such a small volune of air fuel mix. on a 1-1 engine, 15--17 to 1 compression - you would melt the dome of the pistons before the car got out of the driveway. These little cars ignitions are fixed, non adjustable.- about 8 degrees btdc. this is another reason we get away with these compression ratios.- no vacume advance- or weights with springs to advance either.

tink-tink

True im running near 10° before my vacuum advance (18° total)

Just got my gears Turing... Shift the mag for a more advance timing

Guantanamo Joe

What's that yall are saying? Greek Greek Greek... I understand the anatomy of the engine, but your science is a little above my level...

Science- since when has science given us anything useful... ha ha ha (heavy hints of sarcasm)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts