• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fuel to oil ratio

Whats the best mixture for the 30cc mt im on the coast if thatmatters ive seen about three or four different ratios which ones the best to use:eek::confused:

G

25:1 is what is recommended by the factory. A lot of guys run 32:1. I wouldn't run any less oil than that. When you run less oil your tune has to be spot on with a smaller margin of error. 32:1 I would also recommend a good synthetic 2 stroke oil. Running synthetic has an added bonus of a lot less smoke.

papaw

Many RC people think their mix is the best, I did see a report on a engine builders site for 2 stroke. It said 25:1 even after break in but no lower than 32:1. But there are a lot of people running 40:1. Think of it this way the more oil mix, the more oil to the engines moving parts. But higher RPMs with less oil and less plug fouling, it comes down to engine or speed.

G

The oil also serves another purpose. It cools the engine. In a 2 stroke the unburnt mixture is what helps to keep an air cooled 2 stroke cool. The less oil the hotter they run.

Thank you all for youre info. I deal in repair and performance atvs and am well aware of two stroke issues with the oil and how quick u can wear a motor out if you really wana tune it. Yes you can make them fly or scat as a term I use with my racing friends but do you wana rebuild every couple of months or more. If u run to lean great torque n speed but it takes a toll on motor

larryo

250ml of oil per gal of fuel in my rc truck and rc boat.And my rc boat run in the mid up 60mph+ so i don't think less oil is more power or torque.

And all my engines run in the upper 18,000+ rpm.

G

Yep. It is my understanding you can get better compression and a bit more torque with a heavier mixture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts