• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fuel tank dyeing?

rampage idiot

I was gonna try leather dye just to try it but never did, I know it works on alot of stuff don't know about plastic, Try it be the guiney pig LOL I would like to no if it works RCDAD sells tanks cheaper than any body

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Screw it, could be fun... I might try it on my next day off and Ill post a pic or 2 if it is successful... (or maybe even if it's not so we can all have a laugh at my rediculous blotchy tank)...
You could have the first tie dye tank. You'll be an innovator.

G

I used black powder and it sees to be fading bad. Has anyone else had this issue?

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
that's what I want... a hippie RC gasser... does anyone sell a large scale VW logo for the front?
Flower Power!

G

Red looks cool as hell. Another member did a red one. It made the fuel tank look like a mini gas can. Made me want a red one. :)

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I didnt even think of that... then a yellow paint pen could stencil "GAS" on it...
My favorite thing about the forum is the inspiration I get from others.

Guantanamo Joe

I was going to do it to the XT, but if it turns out good, I am going to do it to the "old army" MT... I think that would be a nice addition

G

I look forward to knowing whether or not the leather dye works. Could open up more opportunities.

Guantanamo Joe

I may test it out tomorrow if I have a chance... I don't see myself sleeping much between work hours tomorrow, since now I want to do this and the vent mod... ha ha ha "MORE COFFEE, Private!!!"

rampagemt

I had my tank loose all its color once gas started spilling. I used the rite dye but it was the liquid. Does the tank fade when using powder ? I would love to redo it

Deluge

Well, I'd say some fading is normal. Considering Rit Dye wasn't meant for use on fuel tanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts