• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fuel tank dyeing?

Ildy666

Ok i bought a new tank to dye.i know alot of members did this .what's the best way.and what colors work.Im thinkin red or silver.also would like to put a fuel window so i know the level.any feed back is appreciated thanx Ildy ...

krashkrieg

Contributor
Silver will just look grey...scarlet red was used by a member and should still dye polycarbonate plastic. I used a tablespoon of powder dye in a few quarts of water on stove low heat for about 45 min...did a fuel window by using 1/2" strip of gorilla tape on inside and out.

DSC00803-1.jpg

Ildy666

Thanx dude.when i get my pipe welded we should get together. found a huge abandoned parking lot with a grass/dirt center area.we should plan a bash day.ttyl8r.....

G

I like the fuel window.

I will do that in my next one for sure.

rampage idiot

I still say those wheels are the best thing on that truck they are awsome, Where did you say you got that dye? PA. LOL

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ildy666 said:
Thanx dude.when i get my pipe welded we should get together. found a huge abandoned parking lot with a grass/dirt center area.we should plan a bash day.ttyl8r.....
Should be soon, been a busy summer... :)

krashkrieg

Contributor
Deluge said:
Nice idea for the fuel window! That's mainly why I never dyed my tank. Couldn't see the fuel level.
Actually when I finally put fuel in it, you can see the level just fine without window...but if you add more dye than I did, you might not be able to see through.

Deluge said:
For sure. Bet those Hostiles could ruin your lawn.
LOL...yes, grass flies everywhere...funstuff...

ChuenouXiao

krashkrieg said:
Silver will just look grey...scarlet red was used by a member and should still dye polycarbonate plastic. I used a tablespoon of powder dye in a few quarts of water on stove low heat for about 45 min...did a fuel window by using 1/2" strip of gorilla tape on inside and out. DSC00803-1.jpg
Brilliant on the fuel window :D

Ildy666

prepped my tank for dyeing turned to my wife and asked her for dye and she says i don't know what kind of dye u need...lol... so what dye does everybody use and where can i purchase it?i want to dye it red.

Guantanamo Joe

Screw it, could be fun... I might try it on my next day off and Ill post a pic or 2 if it is successful... (or maybe even if it's not so we can all have a laugh at my rediculous blotchy tank)...

rampage idiot

You need rit powder, don't use liquid and krashkreig can tell you about the julian date that it has to before , search on tank dyeing there is a bunch on here about it trust me I know!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts