• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fuel tank builds pressure

topdog802

i got my mt about a week and a half ago, all stock but i took the stinger off. i can run for 15 or 20 min then it wants to stall, when i remove the gas cap it releases pressure, put the cap back on ur good for another 20. can i fix this? im kinda stumped.

C.B.

i would suggest you vent the cap some how maybe drill a very small hole or get a vent valve from local moto parts dealer and modify it to fit the cap im sure these guys in here will have a sure fix theres a bunch of innovative ones in here

Gas Jocky

What you want is the fuel line to come out of the cap, rise up (top of the roll bar) as far as you can then loop it back down to the chassis. This will let it vent and no gas will leak out of the tank if you land upside down.

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
they have the fix in the upgrade kit for the fuel tank breather, a little rubber tit that's pointy instead of flat and a different grommet for the fuel lines...shame redacat don't sell them seperate

topdog802

i got the upgrade kit when i got the truck, i installed the rubber "tit" , ill check it out to make sure its in the right way. i had all the rubber coume half way out the other day and i just pushed it back in, maybe it got bent or moved a little. thanks for the help

emu67

Wait...how come you want to vent the tank when the return line from the carb blows air back through it and to the tank? I'm more wondering about the function of the return line at the carb, no.

topdog802

good point, i just need to figure out why it builds pressure then a fix for the problem. i tried the "tit" in the upgrade kit but i don't think its working. Gas Jocky has a vent on his cap, so im going to try it.

yolonda21

Contributor
You could just leave the tit out, that would solve your problem, but then it may leak a little threw the vent hole. That is why we add the nipple with fuel tubbing looped over the rool cage . This way it vents without leaking. Even with the tubing i left the tit out. Hope this helps.

Gas Jocky

Wait till you work on the truck on the bench or it lands upside down while your using it, you will have gas pissing out the hole in the cap. For a buck you can put a nipple and fuel line loop on it. That solves two problems. :)

topdog802

ive got a little valve in the cap with fuel line rom the valve up around the rollcage and back down like u have on ur truck. i turned it upside down and it didnt leak.

kryptonite

emu67 said:
Wait...how come you want to vent the tank when the return line from the carb blows air back through it and to the tank? I'm more wondering about the function of the return line at the carb, no.
couse it also need to be vented thru the gas cap

hellya

I got me a alloy vent cap...this cap was made for FG gas tanks but it fits the Rampagehttp://www.molzermoweryracing.com/acatalog/1_5th_and_1_6th_upgrade_parts.html

021.JPG

018.JPG

/monthly_2009_01/021.JPG.eff31c872035a8660803b6f71c8707f6.JPG

/monthly_2009_01/018.JPG.1a3770224d0c8c256d3a83bb4eaab77c.JPG

max 1

topdog802 said:
i Got My Mt About A Week And A Half Ago, All Stock But I Took The Stinger Off. I Can Run For 15 Or 20 Min Then It Wants To Stall, When I Remove The Gas Cap It Releases Pressure, Put The Cap Back On Ur Good For Another 20. Can I Fix This? Im Kinda Stumped.
Whent To Hoby Town Picked Up A Preaser Fiting For Exhaust.put It In Cap Ran A Vent Tub.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts