• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

front turnbuckles

studs

same thing happened to me last friday on a roll over and I also used 5/16 exhaust studs no drilling just re-tap ends, works fine, I did find double ended left and right threaded 5/16 studs from McMaster-carr for less than 2 bucks each, part # 94455a211 for 3" and # 94455a220 for 4"

chevy

Cat5 manufacturing makes metal tie rod ends for the baja I was gonna try them with the titanium rods but now im thinkin not such a good idea?

krashkrieg

Contributor
Cybie257 said:
.... I then used to nuts to secure against the plastic parts in order to tighten up the rod which will protect the threads from being thrashed and tore out. (I've never seem a tap and die give perfect threads that were tight (no wabbling) so I used an old trick I used in the past. Good as new (or maybe better, we'll see).
-Cybie
I have about a gallon on my 5/16 stainless steel threaded arms and no problems...Actually the video I posted "tumble down at the warehouse" I had them in and didn't even bend one...

I like your idea of the nuts though, can't hurt; I will be adding these at some point...

krashkrieg

Contributor
rob64n said:
krash, you must watch my xt test videos and if you think those have some crazy air shots my rampage has been through alot worse,lol
Well like I said, it is a common problem. There are 8 people in this thread alone

that had one or more break on them (I had 3 go before I upgraded)...

and I know 2 other members personally that have broke them (and nothing else) and haven't posted to this thread....

The only time I have broken anything else on mine was hammering into a curb

and that's expected, but everything else holds strong...

Don't get me wrong, I love the Ramp and think it's built tough as nails,

but every RC has a weak point or two and turnbuckles are one of them

for this beast in a lot of minor bad jumps or small crashes...

firefighter9780

that is mainly the part i have been breaking. i first broke a set of stock turnbuckles and then bought the aluminum ones from python and then broke the left side turn buckle and welded and did that a few times before i got the titanium one they sell and now i have bent them. so i drilled and tapped the aluminum arms at 5/16 and am using threaded rod cheap fix if i brake them now have plenty of spares

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.