• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Front hubs broke on my xt but kinda like it

ps3gamefreak1

I bought a xt used in craigslist with the front hubs already broke. Only issue with it and didnt bother me in purchasing it. The owner before took the front axles out and I gotta say its been a blast juat having a RWD dounut Monster hahahaha. I will fix the 4x4 before winter for the snow but im having my fun now. Thing is so squirly tho.

mk2mike

Contributor
Post some pictures of the Hubs and what damages you have. As for no front axles, considering these trucks use 3 diffrentials, if the Center dif is not locked you'll loose a lot of power attempting to drive your front wheels due to the "slipping", and the truck may have abnormal power transfer...

Dirk Squarejaw

My XB only has 2 diffs. I'd guess the XT is the same. Have fun doing donuts!

BertR

The center is always locked...its a transfer diff that sends the same power to the front and rear at the same time. The only variable to lose power is a broken drive cup on either F/R Axel. If the failure is in line with the center diff it will end up front or rear wheel drive.

Sinist3r

We will take a look at this when you are ready Dan. I've been around the block more than a few times with my XT. The people here on the forum have taught me a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts