• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

frame mod?

cherryride

Been thinking of making a frame 2'' longer so i don't have to chop up my new Woodster wide body. If i add the 2'' behind the motor, i think the only thing i will need to do is change the center dog bones.

What do you all think about carbon fibre rods with pins for those?

Any advice on this or the frame?

tsudo5th

I am going to add 4" on to mine I have the same body and just trimmed the rear %5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh540/tsudo5th/IMAG0070.jpg[/img]

Not sure on the cf not my area. The chassis I am just going to do new plate.

cherryride

I did some measuring and i think i can get by with just 1 inch longer. I found a sheet of 6061 t6 thats about 4.5mm thick on ebay for $128 ! .190x36''x36''

Last edited by a moderator:

dozer187

i wouldnt call it too brittle ....i had a cf driveshaft on my mustang handled the 800hp it pumped out without any issue

G

It is strong just not forgiving. If it was made from carbon fiber rod the size of the dogbone ball end that might work. I just think it would break where it was drilled for the pin.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it work!

dozer187

i think the best bet would prolly be a hybrid cf tempered steel driveshaft cf down the mid and tempered steel on the ends

Deluge

Or cut the stock shafts in half, slip them into a piece of steel tubing, set them to the length you need and weld it all up. I was actually thinking about doing this to my shafts to increase strength. I have MCD dogbones and they're beefy as hell. The center dogbones are still stock, though. So, I'm looking for ways to strengthen them.

cherryride

since the center dog bones don't move around, i thought making the carbon rods just slip into cups and pin would be very strong? they would only get twisting force.

G

cherryride said:
since the center dog bones don't move around, i thought making the carbon rods just slip into cups and pin would be very strong? they would only get twisting force.
Can't hurt to try. You could make one the stock size and see how it holds up before you start your project.

cherryride

Think i solved my chassis problem! Found a Barca chassis for it. Its close to the Dunerunner, but lighter. Couldn't resist the price at NitroRC.com!

Chassis 51c00-54072 1 12.50

(for that price i can sell it for scrap if it doesn't work!)

Wheel base is 2.4'' longer. =)

G

It might be the paper mâché version. LOL

cherryride

OK got the chassis.looks ok but front half is way different from DR. it has big holes in the bottom too.All the servos mounted to the top plate. Guess what? The top plate is like most exceed parts,impossible to find in stock!

I'm going back to adding on to mine and saving $ for other things!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts