• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Found one!

Dreggsta

Ildy666 said:
Lookin good.it looks like x-mass...lol...
haha I know! Right! Those parts would almost work on any redcat & would be envious to have lol. I'm thinking bout getting another 998 to put on my son's xt-b. It could use a lil more low end. Can't wait to see it all put together rcdad. Make sure to take a pic with & without the body. I think a topless pic is almost always good. Lol I know that's gonna be twisted around haha.

G

Yep I think they always look better without the shell! I will post plenty of pics.

vpalace

Hey dad, what's the power and torque ratings on that 5685?

G

G

I've had really good luck with them. Never had one fail.

vpalace

I think my 5765 caught on fire cause I didn't set the end points on my 3pl. I think it heated up so bad, it just burst. I am going to do that when I install the new one.

G

Arrived Today!

The Rally arrived today. Overall the car is in decent shape. Some cracks in the bottom of the body, but nothing mesh tape and shoe goo can't fix..

One of the front bearing holders is stripped and broken. It looks like it happened during shipping. The car was not fasten down in the box and there was not much padding. The car was able to slide around in the box. :eek:

The car was even shipped with 1/2 a tank of fuel. :eek:

Other than that the car is in good shape.

G

For the most part the car has been well taken care of.

G

The FG body fits great.

G

Started it up before I tore it down runs great. It is a CY 28.5 with a Walbro 668. I'm guess'n the motor is a replacement. I needed to flip the tank around so I started out back. Removed everything and cleaned it up.

G

The motor got a good cleaning. Installed an 8k clutch set, chrome engine cover, kill switch, TR pull starter, Jetpro pipe, and new air filter.

G

Reinstalled the motor, fuel tank, and added the belt drive ( .7:1 ratio).

G

I got the suspension installed, and repaired all the cracks in the body. The plastic servo mount was stripped out, so I removed it. I think I'm just going to throw in the aluminum version. I might as well do the steering rack also. The MCD pipe fits perfect and the stinger exits through the side of the body.

Here are some more pics. Enjoy.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts