• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fouled plugs

clydebarrow

I got a rampage xsc I keep fouling plugs and fouling them fast......I'm new to the rc game I went big from the start 1/5 scale is my introduction to rc cars .......any ideas.......thx

G

clydebarrow said:
I'll be tuning it this week thx
You will be noticing some performance gains once she is tuned. Have fun! desismileys_4245.gif

clydebarrow

Now it seems it wants to bog out ........I should prolly go back to factory settings and start from there but If it does it again it might end up in the pond.......I knew I should have bought a ps3 instead

Guantanamo Joe

PS3 is great... but I play with my trucks more than I play my PS3.

Thy those factory settings, tune the needle closest to the engine first- turning ever so slightly until the engine revs up... then drive it around hard for a minute.

After your fast run, tune the needle closest to the air filter by turning it about 1/16th of a turn, then doing a hard run down the street and back... continue this until you see that it is not not performing any better.

Good luck with it... let us know how it goes...

kingpin

clydebarrow said:
Now it seems it wants to bog out ........I should prolly go back to factory settings and start from there but If it does it again it might end up in the pond.......I knew I should have bought a ps3 instead
you have it to lean now, just richen it a little.

Trip..

Probably the lousy carb syndrom...

Yank the carb and toss on a 990 and she'll run the way you want it to.

Deluge

clydebarrow said:
What color is your plug? That'll tell you how you're engine is running, and then you can determine how to adjust it. Post a pic if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:

clydebarrow

I think I'm gonna order the 990 and a vent kit and go from there........I'll just throw money at it till it runs right or the wife hides it

clydebarrow

ordered the 990 and fuel vent kit with the fittings.........even used the wife's credit card (I must have been a good boy) at least now there will be a reason to check the mail

G

desismileys_0496.gif Let us know how it goes.

clydebarrow

I got a confirmation email from ddm for my vent kit but not from gizmotors for my 990 I hope it sends or I'm gonna be one cranky mofo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts