• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fly wheel puller?

Kaz the Minotaur

What kind of fly wheel puller do you have to use to take the fly wheel off the stock engine? The kind with the fingers that go around and under the edge of the flywheel? Or the kind that has the plate that bolts to threaded holes in the flywheel and then you run the pusher bolt through the center of the plate?

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

Most people just use 2 bolts that go through and tighten them little by little until you break the seal on the taper. Or, some people have been known to tap the side of the flywheel and that breaks the seal.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Yes it is a very simple tool to make. You need three holes in a piece of steel or aluminum. Thread or weld on a nut on the center one. outer two will be thru holes for your bolts to screw into the flywheel. Hint screw the blots into flywheel first the measure your center to center of them the fins make it a pain to measure correctly without.

Shiny

It is simple tool to make.

I don't agree on the bolt's thou the Flywheel or the taping method. If it goes wrong it will be expensive to reaper.

kun114

The first time I did it, mine made the same noise. Thought I cracked the block or something. All is good though, does it every time I pull the flywheel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts