• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First Run Remarks-

RampageHopUps

I had a long talk with Darin at Redcat yesterday about the throttle servos. The throttle servo does well as a 1/8 steering servo. But, that does not get the same type of constant heat through it like a brake servo does. We believe the brake function, where the servo is sitting with high amps going through, is burning up the PC board. The factory will be in Chicago for the show, so Darin can talk to them about this problem.

noyb98098

Garrett said:
The factory throttle servo is not good. Also comes in Redcats 1/8th scale nitros as the steering servo. They fail all the time. Whoever said they can't find the problem with them is full of crap.
I recommend never using the factory throttle servo. If you do, remember, you can still steer if it fails. I had to do donuts with mine till I could grap it and hit the kill switch...chewed my finger to the bone with the tire while doing it but saved the TT!
Is your finger alright? I did the samething which was do circles until it either filpped or I could reach it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts