• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First Run Remarks-

noyb98098

Hi All-

Just took the MT out and had a BLAST. This car can definetly do things that my baja ss cant and vice a versa. But for the main application of off-roading this thing is incredible.

After a few low speed passes I went directly into the mud to see how well the 4-wheel drive really worked, simply amazing to see this thing climb with the stock setup. Did a few 6 feet high jumps and shocked seemed to be ok to me, purchasing some covers for them later.

My few complaints are, the engine, the pipe and the body. With tires that big and I would thought that they would at least considered putting a 26 Fuelie in there. The pipe fell off within 5mins of the run and is definetly lacking in power but at least they came out with a upgrade which seems to give more punch from what I've read. And lastly the body, I'm a little ticked here because my body came cracked in half from Daves Motors (they are sending me a new one thoug) and it seems that it's just not that sturdy regardless of it being damaged- the paint is already starting to chip off.

All in all these are small things that I'm sure the people who buy them can EASILY fix and the car does provide a great package for it's price. Cant wait to see even more hop-ups from all the folks that make parts for the Baja. :)

noyb98098

Will do- and thanks for the fast shipping on the alum gear mount! Was going to place another order for the metal gears, upgraded bearings, and tuned pipe. But I see the pipe and bearings are out of stock, any ideas when it will be back in?

chefjness

you will want to...

put the 28.5 head kit on it

put the x-can on it

install metal gears in it

I ran my MT and Baja last weekend. I got to say I love my Baja but the MT had put a smile on my face the entire time. Just a fun ass truck to drive!

But you need the above hop-ups with out question.

I can not wait for someone to come out with a clear body for this thing.

Cheers,

John

noyb98098

chefjness said:
you will want to...
put the 28.5 head kit on it

put the x-can on it

install metal gears in it

I ran my MT and Baja last weekend. I got to say I love my Baja but the MT had put a smile on my face the entire time. Just a fun ass truck to drive!

But you need the above hop-ups with out question.

I can not wait for someone to come out with a clear body for this thing.

Cheers,

John
Was going to drop 30.5cc engine in there (http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1611.html) it's from my baja which I updraded to http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1674.html. Is the X-Can better than the redcat tuned pipe? don't worry, metal gears are getting ordered as soon as the fast eddy bearings come in since I want to do everything at once. Speaking of which, will this(http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1767.html) bearing set work with the Redcat's gear plate?

noyb98098

Second Run-

Throttle servo completey died with throttle FULLY engaged:eek:- not happy camper. Was able to flip the truck on it's back and engine eventually went off.

noyb98098

chefjness said:
thats a nightmare. How did the engine stop? Did you just hit the kill button?
No, luckily by the time I got to it the engine had cut off, it was sight to see the 4 tires going full out. Just ordered a Hitec 5745 steering servo and a the Hitec throttle servo from DDM. Never had that happen with them on my baja ss.

BUM

I had the stock servo fail at 1/2 throttle and into the side of a house down the street it went, broke some plastic parts. I took the servo apart it seems the soldering on the circuit board is the problem, a small tab broke off. Don't trust the stock servos!!!!!!!!!

chefjness

My buddy's died too. Im not taking any chances. Will be swaping before next run.

RampageHopUps

We have talked to the factory, but they can't finf the problem, They use this same servo as the steering servo on their 1-10 scale trucks with no problem. I think its getting too much vibration on the gassers.

noyb98098

Installed new Hitech throttle servo today and all is well in the world aside from the stock market :eek: . Is everyone using the included fail safe switch with their rampage?

lancier

Please could you recommend two metal geared DIGITAL HITEC servos for steering and trottle?

Garrett

The factory throttle servo is not good. Also comes in Redcats 1/8th scale nitros as the steering servo. They fail all the time. Whoever said they can't find the problem with them is full of crap.

I recommend never using the factory throttle servo. If you do, remember, you can still steer if it fails. I had to do donuts with mine till I could grap it and hit the kill switch...chewed my finger to the bone with the tire while doing it but saved the TT!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts