• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

first race need upgrades!!

tsudo5th

Well took my MT out to our 5th scale only track and was only redcat umong all losi and Baja. I was in 3rd with 2 minutes left and off finish line jump my left steering shattered!! I was pissed. Now need aluminum steering parts. But will be ready to take them on next time. Way happy with how the cat did for not originally being built for racing. Any suggestions on other upgrades I need for suspension or steering would be great.

caveman

That's great with keeping up with trucks made for racing, and what broke? Personally for racing I would go with aluminum hubs keep the control arms plastic and titanium turn buckles. As for shocks not sure there are options as far as springs, oil weights, different shocks.

cordy

Congrats for what you did with a stock platform. Perhaps smaller hpi wheels, maybe get a belt drive.Good luck for your net race ,spanking the losi and baja with your redcat would be great satisfaction.

tsudo5th

It was the hubs that broke. And I was running proline trenchers. Great tires. If belt drive had lower gears I would but the low stock gears worked perfect to pull me out of corners quick. Shock set up is huge for me to not nose dive after landing a jump. Is not easy for me. Are the stock or reservoir shocks better for the track?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts