• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First Impression and a question

AC6RN

Well, the Rampage Runner V3 4WD arrived a few days ago. Out of the box, it looks very impressive. Built much tougher than I excepted. Once I charged and hooked up the battery, things started going south. Lots of loose screws and control rods. Both servos seemed marginal and I'm pretty sure the throttle servo was defective.

I'm really glad I listened to the members advice here and had ordered replacement servos and a new radio system (the Futaba 4PL). After several hours of taking the old servos out, fitting the new servoes (the mounting holes of the new steering servo did not line up with the existing servo mount), and putting it back together, everything seems to be working much nicer. I still need to do a once-over all screw and loc-tite some of them. I also need to adjust to motor gear mesh.

Here is my question: I got three instruction manuals with this car. One for the engine (seems to be the right manual), one manual for a totally different car (a nitro car), and one for a 2WD buggy. Dos anyone know where I can download the correct manual? I want to make sure I have the correct instructions and all of the part numbers. Did anyone get the correct manual?

Thanks,

Kory

chazman1117

If it's the Dunerunner, it's here: Dunerunner MANUAL

All others are here: Redcat Racing

I had the same issues when mine arrived. Take your time, go over the entire car before your run it the first time.

I recommend:

Loctite all metal on metal fasteners, pay extra attention to the grub screws holding the dogbone pins on ALL of the drive shafts. 2 grub screws on each 3 in total.

Loctite engine mount screws.

Ensure wheel nuts are tight (see here http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=4809

Ensure spark plug is intact (i had cracked insulator near electrode) and is tight

Ensure exhaust bolts are tight (don't over tighten)

When you put you body clips in for the roll cage, put the closed end facing forward so they don't pull out.

Use GOOD 2 cycle oil, and run it rich to start. If you change the pipe your car settings will be off.

Have fun and after a few tanks, drive it like you stole it.

AC6RN

Chazman1117,

Thanks for the suggestions -- I appreciate it. I do plan to take it slow and make sure everything is right.

BTW, the manual you posted is what came with the car. Notice on the cover is reads "1/5 Scale 2WD Gasoline Power ..." Not 4WD. Shouldn't the 4WD dunerunner have a different manual since the parts are different (or rather: has more parts)?

Thanks,

Kory

chazman1117

Yes...but it dosent. The book refers to the availability of the 4wd kit. It's the same book all owners get ?!?!?

There has been some widespread difficulty getting parts at LHS for D/R (dogbones) I had to make pins for mine out of piano wire, propane torch, a dremel and a grinding wheel....looks bullet proof now (knock on wood)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts