• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

First few upgrades?

Mexxan

Hi,

Just about to order a Rampage and I've got a few questions - hope you can give me some advice. I'm pretty new to 1/5th scale and have limited experience with a Baja 5b - I now know that an RTR is never really an RTR ;) .

How durable are they at stock?

I've already got an x-can on my HPI Baja, not to sure on getting another one for the Rampage or buy the Redcat pipe - price seems very good and I like the idea of it being a rear pipe and being covered by the body. Any comparisons on performance between the two?

Are their clear body's available? Want to get back into airburshing from my art/graphic design study days many years ago.

What would you recommend for the first $250 or so spend on essential upgrades on a Rampage MT / Buggy (garnered a few idea's from the first run post)?

Really appreciate any input.

Cheers.

Shiny

Sprint 77 said:
A better reciever bat ($ 40) Rob's Big Bore Kit ($95) HPI air cleaner ($15) RD Logics pipe for 5 B ($90 + $20 for Header modification to Rampage)
Nice and strata forward.

MOfroggy

Sprint 77 said:
A better reciever bat ($ 40) Rob's Big Bore Kit ($95) HPI air cleaner ($15) RD Logics pipe for 5 B ($90 + $20 for Header modification to Rampage)
Where do you get the header modification done for the RD Logics pipe?

NitroBurn

The Phatdad Bajampage shock kits are a nice upgrade to get. My truck was from the second shipment and it had issues with the shocks untill I installed the Phatdad kits. Now the suspension works great.

Sprint 77

Contributor
MOfroggy said:
Where do you get the header modification done for the RD Logics pipe?
What are you a intruder using MoFroggy screen name? Gladewater Texas of course. You knew that. Your rd logics will fit your truck header I modded for you right now.

MOfroggy

Sprint 77 said:
What are you a intruder using MoFroggy screen name? Gladewater Texas of course. You knew that. Your rd logics will fit your truck header I modded for you right now.
Yes, I am an intruder. I figured that MOfroggy was the coolest name on the forum so I took it for awhile.

I will tell the real MOfroggy to look and see if the RD Logics fits the header and how it fits inside of the frame and all and get back to you.

Sprint 77

Contributor
MOfroggy said:
Yes, I am an intruder. I figured that MOfroggy was the coolest name on the forum so I took it for awhile.
I will tell the real MOfroggy to look and see if the RD Logics fits the header and how it fits inside of the frame and all and get back to you.
I got a pic on the forum of MoFroggy's Rd logic pipe on my modded header on my truck. So I know it fits in the frame.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts