• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Finished my build

50mph

I finished fixing my Diff leak, installed the HS5745MG, installed my pull start cover and air filter cover and finished my painting. Now I am ready to scratch my new paint job.

I will say I am pleased with the multi color paint. In a bright light you can see the color go from Blue to Red, kinda nice.

Installing the servos was not fun, it all worked out and nothing is binding or making noise.

If it wasn’t for this forum I would still be frustrated with a few things, it’s nice to have a place to go and read and see how others have done things. The manual is in complete and missing some important steps.

yolonda21

Contributor
Did you treat your body to a couple tubes of shoo goo, and some fibre glass dry wall tape? Because if you didn't your going to cry...... :(

50mph

Shoo Goo is the bomb for RC Trucks. I wasnt sure how much I needed, but you are correct it takes 2 tubes and left me with one for any additional reapairs

yolonda21

Contributor
I've been running the MT body for over a year now.......and its still in one peice, anyone else manage to do this?

50mph

That is what is so great, we have a community that we can ask questions and learn what is good and bad. Without this forum I would still be reading 6the manual, wait the manual sux, it explains nothing except the pictures showing parts.

sorry for bashing the manual, but that booklet would not help anyone who is new to the world of RC vehicles.

50mph

the pipe was free with the order. I was going to run the stock muffler, "NOT" I am using it for a door block

Obeast44

Banned
That is a sweet paint job man! Wish I had the skills, hell I can barely draw a stick figure, seriously. I will suggest, dropping the body down a bit more. The stock bodies can be brittle, and Id hate to see that paintjob messed up.

50mph

I was planning on dropping it down a little plus it needs some trimming here and there. My plan is to take a stick and beat the body a few times, then it’s no longer new and I can run the thing. After the first scratch it no longer new.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts