• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fg wheels on xbe

Trip..

I have the 10mm stub axles on my XB and I just drilled out the wheels with a step drill. The ridges leave a ledge for the wheel washer to seat into. I've jumped this thing 10 feet in the air and never had a problem, these FG Marder wheels add 2 inches to the width. These are SO much better than the beer-foam filled stock tires.

G

That's a great idea using the step drill. Gives the room to get to the nut without removing too much material.

Trip..

Yup and it's cheap! I love my FG tires, but I couldn't find adapters to run them So I bit the bullet and cut em up! That first hole was pretty scary... Seeing as these tires and wheels are 50 bux each, drilling a massive hole took some gonads!

These tires made this a whole 'nother car! The stock tires were somewhat OK, but the foam inside was closer to beer foam than tire foam... Nothing some German-built excellence couldn't fix. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trip..

Thanks Krash...

I got out of the hobby for awhile like I do every year. This time I started collecting guns, but the zombie apocalypse didn't happen, so I'm back to the R/C's for awhile. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts