• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Few basic questions on MT V3

PrjctStrtFrce

Hello,

I was told by RedCat technical support that the leaking fuel from the fuel cap is normal due to the vent hole in it...is this true? It doesn't pour out, but it bubbles out enough to make a mess. And I have taken the cap off, taken it all apart, cleaned it, and made sure that all pieces were seated properly.

Is there a way to minimize air bubbles in the fuel? After I drove on some hilly grassy terrain at higher speeds I noticed that there was quite a bit of air bubbles in the fuel...which I assume is why the motor cut out on me twice? Right now I am still in the <1 gallon stage, so I have a little bit more oil in the mixture...so, can the extra oil cause more air bubbles? Can some oils cause more air bubbles than others? After the motor cut out on me, it took about 15-20 pulls and tinkering with the choke before it started up again...is this normal?

Thank you, and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel

G

I was told by RedCat technical support that the leaking fuel from the fuel cap is normal due to the vent hole in it...is this true? It doesn't pour out, but it bubbles out enough to make a mess. And I have taken the cap off, taken it all apart, cleaned it, and made sure that all pieces were seated properly.
Yes..

You can add a vent line to the rank and run the vent line past the chassis. Helps keep the mess out.

There are several threads on tank venting.

G

Is there a way to minimize air bubbles in the fuel? After I drove on some hilly grassy terrain at higher speeds I noticed that there was quite a bit of air bubbles in the fuel...which I assume is why the motor cut out on me twice? Right now I am still in the <1 gallon stage, so I have a little bit more oil in the mixture...so, can the extra oil cause more air bubbles? Can some oils cause more air bubbles than others? After the motor cut out on me, it took about 15-20 pulls and tinkering with the choke before it started up again...is this normal?
The air bubbles are normally just caused by vibrations. They don't cause problems.

G

Cain said:
RC DAD: as a side question to this, is this kind of what the SnappyRC fuel line kit helps with?
No, the snappy kit just helps tidy up the fuel lines. It's not necessary.

Cain

thanks for the info. mine came with one and not being a gas guy I am unsure as to what its doing exactly, in particular that end piece here:

based on there description here:

Tired of your fuel cap leaking?

Need a new grommet without purchasing a tank?

Need better ventilation for larger motors?

Solve all these problems with the SnappyRC Ultimate Fuel Kit for the HPI Baja 5B 5T and 5SC!
that is why I got the idea in my head that it would help with the fuel cap thing. But again, I really have no knowledge on this stuff so I am like a sponge right now :)

G

That little breather just let's air in and out of the tank. Prevents vapor lock and expansion flooding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts