• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Factory Carb Setting: Engine dies after warm

johnfm3

My XT has gotten to the point where after some run time, it starts to bog down and then dies. At which point it decides it doesn't want to start any longer.

After letting it cool down some, it will fire up again an run for a short while longer. I am not getting thru a 1/3 of the tank before this is happening.

So I am thinking its time to replace the Spark Plug an re adjust the carb settings.

What are the recommendations?

phreerider

have u vented the tank?

if yes, then it may be compression is falling off, as it warms up the parts grow apart.

johnfm3

Thanks Phreerider an RampageHopUps

Vented the Tank? No. I was not aware of needing to do that.

Assuming a small hole in the cap will do for venting.

I really hope the Compression is not a issue. It not very old. Owned less than 9 month an probably have 20 hrs on it. I have never really been able to get on it full throttle.

I will pick up a champion Spark Plug this week.

This is my first Gas RC, any recommendations for tuning process?

Tuning will take place this weekend.

blak__jak

I agree with everything above. I have 2 m/ts and a d/r and in every case after first few runs of any amount of time the first thing that happens is a vacuum forms in the tank and without proper venting the engine starves for fuel. if you look around on here you'll find plenty of posts of different ways to go about solving that problem. the next thing is that as the engine breaks in you may have to adjust the carb. get the LSN first. again many tips on here and on utube but I think at first something that a lot of people miss is that after just a few runs the spacer or manifold between the engine and carb warps or the carb bolts get a little lose and an air leak develops that will cause your rig to act strange also. happened on all three of mine. just some things to think about. all of mine have had some bugs to sort out but once I got past them I've been overall happy with them all. of the three I have I've got to say that they have all been different and had their own personality. I guess that's just part of the fun involved in a hobby like ours. good luck!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts