• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Extra low gearing on Rampage TT

Martin

Well, just for fun I tried 25/35 for A & B gear and 19/31 on C & D, that's really slow, it would be even better with a lower clutch engagement.

There is 23/37 available to make it more slower, but I don't have it on hand.

The second video is with the normal gearing.

Sorry for the throttle bliping.......

[ame]

[/ame]

cordy

Nice videos . The second one is the way to shit and git! Good show.

Martin

I don't think I will try again that low gearing, even with paddle, this is only a test to see how slow the gear could go in the first video.

Second video is with normal gear 30/30 25/25.

Martin

As for an example, with that low gearing you will be able to pull a real car without melting the clutch, but i cannot guarantee that you would not snap something in the drive train because there is more torque multiplied through the gears.

Martin

If you want a set I will have two sets coming soon, one is reserved to Scaremonger, and the other is for sell.

What you see in the video is 25/35 / 19/31, but what I will have is 23/37 / 19/31, a little slower than what you see.

E5B

Hi, same here...can you pm me a list of all the gears you have?! im new around here. and i have been reading alot just to catch up...

E5B

My gears came in yesterday. I won't be able to try them out till I move out of here.like I just got my TT5 two weeks ago and it's still sittin in the box. Since I can't try these gears out just yet, I hope theyre as tough as they say. I only asked if they have some type of warranty or guarantee because $95 seem kind of expensive for gears that have no brand. Even the best tools on earth are backed by a lifetime warranty. Martin, don't get me wrong. I do plan on getting more of these from you, I just wish that whoever made these could back them up. That's all

Martin

You are worried, but I can understand.....

I'm 99.9% confident that you will never wear, and never broke these gears, I and a friend beat these gear like hell since several month, in sand, rock, etc... with no cover, coupled on a relatively high power engine, and we cannot see the difference in comparing with a new gear, the beaten gears looks like new.

There is no secret with these gears, they are only made from a high metal quality, and professionally hardened, then case hardened, that's all.

As for the warranty, where I get them, the guy said to me exactly the same thing, i will never wear or broke them, and If i manage to wear it, he can send me new gear for free.

Look at that thread for more info: http://www.gotpetrol.net/steel-gears-vt4838.html

If you want, I can ask him to get here to post further information on the gear quality and his warranty.

Me and the guy ( his name is Lee) who sells the gears are not here to make money or scam people, I have a good job for living and do not have much time in selling stuff on internet, I only offer these gear to someone who want different ratio than what is offered by Redcat, and accomodate people not knowing where to get them, in bonus, people get top quality gears, but I do admit that they are expensive.

Another thing is that I don't make money in selling these gears, I don't loose any money but I have to play with my money to accomodate people, if it's become too complicated, I will simply stop to sell them.

Last edited by a moderator:

E5B

I'm 99.9% confident that you will never wear, and never broke these gears,
As for the warranty, where I get them, the guy said to me exactly the same thing, i will never wear or broke them, and If i manage to wear it, he can send me new gear for free.
That's all I wanted to know. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts