• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Exhaust wrap

Jackleg

I have a CPI pipe on my mt and was thinking of wrapping it to reduce heat. Has anyone tried this or is it a waste of time and money? Thanks for any advice.

G

I have seen several with wrapped pipes. It does help with the heat.

Ebb75

I use it on the first 1/3 of my DOM pipe to keep the heat off the fuel lines and tank.

Jackleg

Got some 1 inch wide wrap on the way. The original finish was in rough shape from rocks hitting it an where I had to weld the mount back on, so I figured I'd try it.

sanos

Jackleg said:
Got some 1 inch wide wrap on the way. The original finish was in rough shape from rocks hitting it an where I had to weld the mount back on, so I figured I'd try it.
Why don't you use high temp ceramic exhaust paint from your automotive or hardware store.

Jackleg

sanos said:
Why don't you use high temp ceramic exhaust paint from your automotive or hardware store.
I thought about it but figured wrap would keep heat off the body better.

Jackleg

Got the wrap on my pipe today, painted it with what was recommended, and got it mounted back on the truck. I hope it helps with heat and my welds hold up on the tabs where it broke. View attachment 6486

IMAG0643a.jpg

IMAG0643a.jpg

/monthly_2013_06/IMAG0643a.jpg.75ce6d247070fdf9f3ac50ae01fd8b90.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.