• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Exhaust port leaking, HELP!

Blackout

I got the CPI pipe fitted and put the screws on tight with loctite and a new gasket. However after a few seconds there was gunk everywhere, it's leaking from the exhaust port, this is the same problem I had with the stock muffler. Anyone know what's causing this?

The damage:

v4t651.jpg

scqtsp.jpg

rcgasser

are your screws really getting tight? Try the pipe with a header and 2 gaskets.

Blackout

rcgasser said:
are your screws really getting tight? Try the pipe with a header and 2 gaskets.
Yeh the screws are definitely tight, has it been known before that the exhaust port on the cylinder head has lost it's shape some how?

Blackout

Ildy666 said:
Try a little high temp Silicone with the gasket see if that helps..
I've ordered some, do I apply it on to the cylinder head exhaust port as well as the gasket side which touches the pipe or just apply on both sides of the gasket?

Deluge

Have you looked on the exhaust port to see if there's a high spot? Might be something keeping it from sitting flat. Clean it up and start it up, again. Watch it while it's running so you can get an idea of where it's coming from. Two different exhaust's with the same issue makes me think it's another gasket, or the cylinder itself.

claude bigelow

Kind of off the topic, but the rubber piece that goes on the pipe. Mine fell apart on my jetpro pipe and just trying to find another one. Is there something I can replace it with? Or can I just weld the two pieces together and eliminate it?

Blackout

I put some silicone gasket sealant on the new gasket and also on the exhaust header, put it together and fired her up today, so far no leaks. Just hope when I go bashing it stays that way.

rcgasser

So did you add an x port? I believe that will solve your problem but I hope that the silicone does work for you if not add an x port and another gasket and that should really take care of the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts