• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

exhaust bolts

Deluge

caveman said:
I did but used blue and my red is at the shop. If I use jb weld on it then its permanent right? Would I just put it on the threads and then thread it in and let sit or should I pack it into the hole then thread in? Wait that would just push it out. Or fill the hole then drill and tap? Either way its going to be fixed.
Red Loctite would be enough, dude. If you use some JB, make sure you get it cleaned up and make sure there aren't any high spots around the studs. High spots won't let the gasket and the header seal properly.

caveman

ok at first everything tightend down nice and no leak. last time there was a steam running out the bottom - that stopped but now have oil coming out the top, not much, and its not affecting the tune but don't like the oil. I was able to turn the nut a tiny bit more and no affect on rpm, ill clean it off later and check again. This is with the new gasket.

G

The oil drives me nuts also. Sounds like you got it fixed though.

caveman

nope as i tightend it more (SLOWLY) I noticed the nut was pulling the stud out. I hope this is because I didn't use enough JB Weld so I'll pull it apart tomorrow night clean the oil and do it again. This is getting frustrating:confused: If I can't get it to stay I'll have to wait to get a new head. :(

G

Wow. The threads must really be wasted. That sucks though. I'm sure you wanted it run'n for the weekend.

caveman

My sons b-day party is tomorrow and wanted to bring mine and his trucks to the park. I was able to clean it out again and put more weld on it we'll see what tomorrow has to bring.

G

caveman said:
My sons b-day party is tomorrow and wanted to bring mine and his trucks to the park. I was able to clean it out again and put more weld on it we'll see what tomorrow has to bring.
Good luck. I hope it holds this time.

caveman

I have two more ideas left after this 1- I can get a nut behind the one hole and try it that way 2- I take it off and get my BFH matco hammer and SMASH. I like 1 better LOL.

G

caveman said:
I have two more ideas left after this 1- I can get a nut behind the one hole and try it that way 2- I take it off and get my BFH matco hammer and SMASH. I like 1 better LOL.
2 sounds more fun. :D

Deluge

caveman said:
That was going to be my next suggestion. Might have to trim a few of the fins on the cylinder, though.

caveman

Ok the studs finally worked to day now have to figure out why it still binds a little and why the engine shuts down after about 5-10 min of easy driving while tuning. I get the bog to go but then it'll stall out after returning to idle. No start after till I set the needles back to stock settings. Any ideas about this? It's a 990 carb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts