• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Exhaust bolts keep falling out

RedRacingKat

So I have a dunerunner with a lil aftermarket exhaust and I found a dirt bike track by my house and have been taking my kids to go have some fun but it seems everytime we start jumping jumps the exhaust bolts come out and I tightened them up tigh tight with thread locker to hope to prevent my issue anyone else have suggestions be appreciated

G

I've used studs on several of my vehicles. They will keep you from stripping out the head.

RedRacingKat

@rcdad hey thanks I had put red loctite on last weekend and let it sit for a week and went out today and bam immediately it popped out so maybe I will try the head studs hopefully that works cus it kinda sucks taking the kids out and keep having to deal with this thanks all for the info

Ildy666

If u cut the heads of the bolts and slot the ends so u can use a flat tip screw driver to install them u can make ur own studs and just double nut them.just get longer than stock exhaust bolts so u have extra threads for the 2 nuts...probably cost under 2 bucks...

RedRacingKat

So say one bolt hole is messed up cus one side does get loose and the other side stays tight how would I fix that problem could I use a threader whatever it's called tap in dye or something like that?

G

Yes, you can step up a size and tap it out for a larger bolt, or you can JB weld the stud in so it won't ever come out.

RedRacingKat

Thanx bud Iam going to attempt this here jb weld if the stud comes loose and looking at that website pictures it says it comes with 4 nuts well I see where 2 go of course but where do the other 2 go to lock it on there tight

G

You just double the nuts on each stud. When you turn two nuts against each other it locks them in place. No thread locker required.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.