• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Esp 30.5 rebuild

rampagemt

Ok guys I need some help here please... I installed my esp 2 bolt head on stock motor last year and liked the power. This year I feel its lagging I have ran I want to say close to 7-10 gallons through it and just doeant seem as gutsy so to say. How do I go about rebuilding these 2 strokes, from my understanding I need a new ring? Anything else that is needed besides "upgrades" trying to fix it on a slightly limited budget so any/all input would help me out a lot. Thanks a lot for any info I shall receive..... :confused: :confused:

Motakitty

Maybe gaskets too. Crank bearings if they are bad and seals, needle bearing too. That's all I can think of but I don't have alot of experience though

G

My projects always turn out better with a "Tall Cold One" ;)

Actually several of them :D

Michaels12

Do you have any scuffing on the piston? The exhaust side usually

shows more than the intake side, unless it got some dirty air.

This skirt area is a great place to coat with moly based dry film lube.

I haven't been in one of these small engines yet, does the wrist pin have needle roller bearing?

Ildy666

That's a 4 bolt head kit.Gizmo's only deals with 4 bolt motors.they told me they do not waste their time with 2 bolts.they have really nice motors at a good price thats where i bought mine from.

rampagemt

twissted said:
hone it so that the rings seat.better yet buy a gizomomotors 30.5 short block and have something that will last and have all the power you could want.http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php/online-shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=2252&category_id=160
I got the gizmos rcmk 30.5 fm in my losi and my tt has the prolite .29.5 zen this 30.5 esp is on my dune runner and I can't afford better right now

rampagemt

I did fail to mention I was using klotz synthetic oil and switched over to quicksilver non as what my other motors use and I have tuned it I guess that could be it.

Deluge

Well, that could be your problem. Do some high speed runs and then pull the plug. The color of the plug will help you gauge how much room you have to work with. If you can, post a picture of the plug so we can see what you're working with. That'll help us, help you. I just don't want you to waste your money on a rebuild if it's not necessary.

rampagemt

Thanks much dude. I am gonna give it a good run this weekend and post pictures of the plug or look up the chart

andyken

If it idles well and the idle screw is not way in, I'd leave the low alone.

Very small adjustments on the high may help, do a few high speed runs after each adjustment.

You should hear a slight change in the motor sound.

The sound can help tune it, if it gets raspy at top rpm it's getting too lean...if that makes sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.