• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engines differences?

edl

What's the difference between CY and HY engines?

edl

yes for parts in the future, I see more info on the CY but not much on the HY just curious why-thanks

designed2survive

yes for parts in the future, I see more info on the CY but not much on the HY just curious why-thanks

@edl

- There is little to no information on the HY engine.

- At best you'll read that the 30cc is a knock off of the CY 30cc or it's similar to it.

- As for the 32cc, totally different story as CY doesn't make a 32cc to the best of my knowledge.

- could it be a knock off or similar to the zenoah G320RC, may be. But can't tell.

Bolt on parts are interchangeable between Zenoah, CY and HY engines:

- clutch plate, shoes and spring
- carbs
- flywheel
- pull start
- exhaust
- spark plug and coil

Perso:

- if it runs fine, run it until it dies.

- then get the Zenoah G320 and be done. Nothing to loose in the long run and money well spent.

Phill

@edl

- There is little to no information on the HY engine.

- At best you'll read that the 30cc is a knock off of the CY 30cc or it's similar to it.

- As for the 32cc, totally different story as CY doesn't make a 32cc to the best of my knowledge.

- could it be a knock off or similar to the zenoah G320RC, may be. But can't tell.

Bolt on parts are interchangeable between Zenoah, CY and HY engines:

- clutch plate, shoes and spring
- carbs
- flywheel
- pull start
- exhaust
- spark plug and coil

Perso:

- if it runs fine, run it until it dies.

- then get the Zenoah G320 and be done. Nothing to loose in the long run and money well spent.
+1

edl

Thanks! for the info thats good to know, where can I find a good source on parts for these?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts