• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engine weight

alfred e numan

We are always looking for ways to shave off a few ounces weight here and there on these 1/5 th scales- the weight is the engine- Magnesium is about 35% lighter than Aluminum. not certan bout the prices of this metal, but it would help- what about a ti crank? - what do you folks think?

G

cherryride said:
leave the weight and go to twinn cylinders! lol
I wish there were kits to mount the twin in the cats. :D

G

alfred e numan said:
We are always looking for ways to shave off a few ounces weight here and there on these 1/5 th scales- the weight is the engine- Magnesium is about 35% lighter than Aluminum. not certan bout the prices of this metal, but it would help- what about a ti crank? - what do you folks think?
Not only are the materials more, but it is also more expensive to machine the exotic metals.

BertR

I have a kit to mount twins lol. It would be bada$$ to get a twin in the cats or a 36cc in the x-series for that matter. I always find a way to drop a few oz. then add a pound

G

The 36 would fit if you mod the top of the cage. I'm currently wanting to build something with the 70. That is one bad little engine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts