• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine upgrade for XB

nonfant

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has upgraded the engine on the XB. I am talking about actually replacing the 30cc with something faster and stronger.

I was looking at the CY engine as I heard that they work best with the XB but please let me know if you have other recommendations.

I was looking at the R270, R290, R420 and R490. Does anybody know if engines like that will fit? I am looking for something that I will not have to mod anything else and ill fit with stock. I already have a 8000rpm hpi clutch, jetpro pipe and walbro WT-813 carb and was looking for something that would work with that.

Thanks,

Andreas

DemonRC

If your going to replace an entire engine, spend a couple extra dollars and get a 4 bolt Zenoah. All you have to do then is use the clutch bell housing from the stock engine to make it fit. Do not use the Zenoah housing. It is 1mm too long and you will end up breaking a mounting bracket somewhere.

nonfant

interresting

DemonRC said:
If your going to replace an entire engine, spend a couple extra dollars and get a 4 bolt Zenoah. All you have to do then is use the clutch bell housing from the stock engine to make it fit. Do not use the Zenoah housing. It is 1mm too long and you will end up breaking a mounting bracket somewhere.
Do you have a link to one that is really good so i can check it out. What are we looking at price at. Also size wise will the body and roll-cage still fit on after the replacement?

Thanks,

Andreas

LightForce

After 10 gallons of use stock HY finally gave up also sucked in some dirt thru loose Carb.

I have only added new CY 36mm 30.5 headkit cause the case bearings are like new. Power sems to be the same or slightly better then stock.

Aprox. HP is 5.12Hp with Rear DDM Dominator. That is plenty of power for me to win 90% of races against nutech`s , Bajas and Nitro buggys.

RampageHopUps

The first upgrade should be an exhaust. That will be your best bang for the buck.

DemonRC

I heard somebody added 3 once and there was so much power the cylinder blew right off the crankcase and killed a squirrel sitting in a tree 100 yards away. True story LMAO. :D

nonfant

Sounds awesome!

Let me know how that install goes I am curious on how difficult it is to install that one. Also do you have a link for the engine?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts