• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engine troubles

Burlzabra

anybody know why a rovan 32cc long block would not start with hy30cc add on parts, they bolt up fine have spark and everything but havnt got a kick any suggestions?

talunceford

Is it getting fuel? Have you messed with the coil? Have you messed with the carb? My guess is that it is a carb setting. Try resetting the carb back to factory. Have you changed the plug? Start by replacing the obvious parts first, ie plugs, fuel, carb if you have one etc. Check the gap on the coil with a business card etc. All of those can prevent an engine from firing. Hope this helps.

Burlzabra

thanks for getting back to me, its a brand new walbro 998, using stock needle settings checked and double checked flywheel gap tried a brand new plug and also the plug that came from the previous working engine and still nothing :( i am led to believe that the R320 long block is not compatible with the hy30 external parts... i mean i have spark and fuel its so frustrating because i don't know what is at fault

Burlzabra

i do have some compression 80 psi give or take its a little low i belive but it still should start with low compression, yeah ive ''tried start ya bastard'' and still nothing... it seems like the timing is out but the flywheel is fixed onto the key and cannot be adjusted, i also checked the flywheel key are in the same position on both motors

talunceford

You don't by chance have a superbee or the like on there do you?

Phill

There's no reason why the parts wouldn't be compatible.

If start ya bastard didn't work it must be spark

It would fire at some time even if only momentarily regardless of timing if it's got that much ether in there

Burlzabra

yeah thats what i thought phill, their is definitely spark going on in there. now i cant even get a refund because he could not confirm it would work before i bought the long block so thats the most frustrating 150 bucks ive ever lost at the moment

Phill

The only other thing I can think of is a dud carb but if you have fuel it should be OK

Burlzabra

would the coil on my hy be producing enough spark for this new long block? i don't know... if i do decide to take it somewhere they would charge me more than the price of the longblock. i may have to one day

Burlzabra

yeah i thought so, i will have another go at it once i get back from the high country

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts