• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engine stroke

GTi_Leo

is the stock 30cc really a 28mm stroke? by my calculations if its only a 28 stroke and 36 mm bore its only 28.5 cc or is it a 30mm stroke.

reason I ask is because I bought a 4 bolt 30.5cc king motors head and crank case and want to use the stock HY crank and piston

GTi_Leo

I know that a normal 30.5 CY or Zenoah is 28+2mm for a 30mm stroke but is the stock HY crank the same. I ask because I don't want to put it in and have useless compression because there is 2mm less travel and more space to reduce the compression

alfred e numan

long rod verses stroker cranks.

hi. here i am sorta - kinda off topic --- agan. the cranks we use from the factories are not stroker cranks. they are long rod cranks-- the 30 mm ones. what does a long rod crank do to the approate - correct cyclnder matched for a long rod crank? A long rod crank enables to spend more time before & after top dead center. same story at bbdc & after bdc. slower reving motor-- but this enables it to build power by increasing the amount of time the engine has to pull in fuel mix. but you guys allready knew this--- db

GTi_Leo

would anyone have an extra 30cc crank I can buy off them :) thinking of building both motors up, the HY really seems to be a built of solid construction, even as a 2 bolt

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts