• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine stalls after warm up.

Mike4130

I have a question and need some help. I start my Rampage and its runs great for about 10 minutes. Once it warms up it stalls. The tank is vented, I even put a vented gas cap on to make sure it wasn't vapor lock. Any thoughts on my issue? (Stock carb BTW) I know what you're going to say about that. If you think its the carb, I'll order a 990.

Thanks in advance.

G

What are your needles set at?

If you raise the idle will it stay running?

Mike4130

RCDAD said:
What are your needles set at?If you raise the idle will it stay running?
I've set the low speed needle almost to the point where the truck wants to roll @ idle. It's weird, It only starts to happen after about 10 minutes of running.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Richen up that low speed needle and raise the idle with the idle stop screw. That should help.

Mike4130

Well, I tried to adjust the low speed needle & idle screw. It didn't go well. It came to a point where it stalled during adjustment, I tried to just reset the low speed needle (1 1/4 turns out from all the way in) and now I can't get the engine to start. I get a little rev here & there, but I've worn the skin off my hands trying to start this truck. I've about had it with this money pit. It's down more than running it seems.

John Blaze

It could be the coil spring for the spark plug make sure that it is making contact with the wire inside the black insulation that attaches to the flywheel.Even if you get a spark the coil can loosen up and then it will shutoff and won't start

Mike4130

John Blaze said:
It could be the coil spring for the spark plug make sure that it is making contact with the wire inside the black insulation that attaches to the flywheel.Even if you get a spark the coil can loosen up and then it will shutoff and won't start
Thanks, but I just ordered a new 990. I'll give this a shot first. I believe the carb is where the problem is. Wish me luck!

G

The 990 is a good carb. Good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts