• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engine specs. block type

Jonny5

I have a 30cc dune runner. And thinking I might get a bigger engine. Is their a block size or type to search. Or what is the biggest engine that will bolt in place. Thinking it might be better to get a bigger engine than to be trying to push a smaller to its limits.

rcgasser

Get you a prostock ported from OBR they have more power then the race ported heads.

phreerider

quick and easy and get a real taste of fun power 2 bolt race port top end by OBR , alot rev, definitely the screamer for mill speed

or

step into OBR 4 bolt prostock billet or full race port 4 bolt top end. torque and power you want be disappointed

Jonny5

Ya I know that their are some good mod engines out their. But I'm thinking I want to look into bigger displacement. I think I would rather get a bigger engine and not have it work so hard to get the power out of it. I'm just not sure how to go about looking for a bigger engine. I know stihl makes weedwackers with 40cc engines. Before I go and spend 500 to 600 on some mod motor. Why not get a "big block like 40cc" motor for 300 to 400 and put a exhaust on it and have a lot longer life out of it? And almost same power?

BertR

You will never get the rev out of a chainsaw engine/ weed Wacker..you will have a 40cc working its ass off to go no where in a no big hurry..not sure what size cc you can go! Rc application is what you need to stick with.

Jonny5

Mabe to some extent but I worked a small engine shop for several years and we set rpms on saws and weedwackers by high needle jet. If you would lean them out some they would run quite fast. But if I could find an rc engine I would prefer to go that way.

phreerider

BertR is right. the larger motors just adds more vibration and weight, and not that much more power. nowhere near the rev peak. 30.5 cc great platform for muscle and hi mill speed. a "big" motor will need even more mod to windup fast and will punish the driveline with monster torque thats beyond impressive, way out of scale and somewhat unusable.

Jonny5

not saying I have to step it up to a 40cc but redcat just keeps putting bigger motors in their product. in the hpi Baja they offer it in 23 cc I think, mabe 25 all the way up to a 29.5 I think. redcat started at 25cc and now up to 32cc. I know you will not get the rpms out of a bigger engine but you can off set rpms by gearing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts