• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine size?????

RaMpaGeMuLiShA

Ok so I recently got a redcat rally used and I'm trying to figure out the engine size so maybe you guys can help. From the factory it come with a 2 bolt 23cc or 28cc hy engine. The motor that I got with this car has a serial number starting with HY30****. I'm assuming this is a 30cc motor? I've looked up the serial number and no results have been found on google. If it is a 30cc 2boltHY motor it has a coper head gasket, so the head might be aftermarket. how could I tell if it has an after market head? Doesn't look ported but displacement might be different, is there any way of telling with out disassembly of motor?

Thanks

G

The only markings I know of are the ones you mentioned. What makes it a 30.5 is a +2mm crank. But it could be just the case from another motor. A 27.2 would be my engine of choice for the rally due to its high rpm range.

RaMpaGeMuLiShA

racetruck

you can look at the base and get a idea of the bore it has two sets of numbers the last one tells the bore the pic below says 28-36 so the bore is 34 with a stock crank it will be a 28.5 cc a 34mm will be a 26cc the 32 is the 23cc motor

racetruck

You can remove the spark plug and find wooden dowel rod that fits in the spark plug hole slide it in till you hit the piston find top dead center by rotating the fly wheel mark the dowel the rotate till you find the bottom dead center and mark the dowel and measure that and let us know and one of the guys can tell you the stroke to find out if its a stock crank or a stroker crank i hope this helps :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts