• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine size

Kaz the Minotaur

I will soon be getting some money and I want to get a big bore kit? I was originally looking at the 28.9 kit but now I am thinking about the 30.5. I figure I might was well get it now while I am spending money.

What engine do you have in your Rampage? Recomendations?

hellya

you guys should try a good tune pipe on the 23 cc it screams:)

Kaz the Minotaur

I read about ESP this and ESP that with teh head kits. Does ESP have a website?

Are there performance advantages to putting a different air filter on your engine? Like putting a cold air high performance air intake on a full size vehicle?

M

magnum57

O’Neal Brothers can tell you all about the ESP motors. I run the uni lo pro filter. I’m running a 28.5cc motor with the jetpro pipe. This thing screams. Good luck. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

r8.jpg

r5.jpg

/monthly_2008_06/r8.jpg.58a7a3b56018ebd29c8dd1282a31a47d.jpg

/monthly_2008_06/r5.jpg.e19de8ae520ac685963e2e96e623e247.jpg

Just_Gerald

How can O'neil Bros tell you about ESP engines? They are 2 different porting companies. I have run both and I found the finish of the ESP engine to be of better quality. Just my opinion based on eyeballing both heads. (they were 2 different sized head (26 vs 27.5 and a 30.5 so i cannot compare performance difference)

As for the filter, it is mostly an improvement on air cleaning, more then power increase. I personally prefer the stock HPI Baja filter setup that is well oiled with a true foam filter oil. I have over 10 gallons in 2 of my engines and have never had any dirt in the carb. No outerwears, no grease just a well cleaned, oiled and properly installed filter. I used a unifilter once, pulled it off and saw dust in my carb. never ran it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

magnum57

Your right I meant Dave’s Discount motors. I knew I talk with someone about the ESP and it was DDM. Wish I could afford one. As far as the filter I’ll have to check and see if any crap is getting in my carb. Thanks Just Gerald for the correction. U the man

M

magnum57

Not sure but they sell that motor for a pretty penny. I was talking with Scott at LargeScaleRC and the 27.2 has been selling real good. DDM has this one.

bb19x - ESP Modified & ESP Fully Ported 27.2cc Zenoah Engine 4.25+ HP

$425.00

This custom-built 27.2cc Zenoah G260RC engine, available exclusively at DDM, offers simply amazing performance and legendary Zenoah quality. 27.2cc's of modified and fully ported power. 34mm bore, 30mm stroke. Get the high-revving benefits of a modified G260RC together with the increased low-end grunt from a longer crankshaft. Aprox 4.25+ horsepower, and 5.5+ horsepower with a tuned pipe. Available in black or chrome, and with or without inner clutch. DDM has taken the hassle out of getting a top-quality modified Zenoah G260RC-based 27.2cc engine - we've custom built them for you. The engine comes fully assembled and ready to bolt-on.

So where does the power come from? We start with a brand-new Zenoah G260RC engine (34mm bore, 28mm stroke - 25.4cc). This is the largest bore Zenoah has available. But we want more displacement for more power, while still keeping the high-quality Zenoah cylinder assembly! So, the stock 28mm crankshaft is removed and set aside. We want a longer 30mm crankshaft for increased displacement and power! But the stock Zenoah 34mm G260RC cylinder does not have room for the long 30mm crankshaft, so ESP has machined out the proper spacing. This is a more efficient and reliable solution than stacking gaskets to achieve the needed space, as there is proper spark plug clearance, the piston ring remains in the well-plated area of the cylinder, and the ignition coil remains properly gapped to the flywheel. The squish band is cut so there will be .020"-.025" of squish (using the stock .020" cylinder gasket), and the combustion chamber is machined to get the compression ratio down to 14:1 for running on premium pump 91 or higher octane gasoline. The head geometry is reshaped to the proven standard 'hemisphere' shaped combustion chamber, and the squish area equals 50% bore area, for more efficient burning.

After the ESP cylinder spacing modifications are complete, ESP then fully ports the engine. ESP completely tears down the engine and spends hours, cutting in great detail, the porting that will have you grinning from ear to ear. Detail like this is almost impossible to do on a milling machine - even a CNC milling machine.

Compare this to other offerings on the market and you will quickly see that DDM and ESP put power in your trigger finger without putting a huge dent in your wallet. Portwork includes:

1) Cylinder precision ported (exhaust, intake, and transfers enlarged and reshaped).

2) Polished exhaust port (for smooth flow and low carbon build up) and superb rough finish on the intake, cases, and transfer tunnels for better gas/air mixing.

3) Resurfaced intake, exhaust, and spark plug gasket surface on cylinder to insure no leaks.

4) Perfectly matched cylinder transfer tunnels to cases and case gasket matched.

5) Case porting to insure better flow into the transfer tunnels.

6) Cylinder skirt work to aid flow into the transfer tunnels.

7) New gaskets and piston c-clips.

8) Easy to read carb tuning instructions to get the most reliable power from your engine.

9) E.S.P. logo etched into side of crankcase.

For Scooters: Fits Goped brand Sport, Liquimatic, Bigfoot, X-ped, Super X-ped, Super Bigfoot, Go-Quad, Super Go-Quad, Go-Quad 30, GSR26R, GSR29R, and Homebuilders Kit.

For R/C: Fits a wide variety of 1:5 and 1:6 R/C cars, planes, boats, and helicopters. Same mounting dimensions as Zenoah G230RC / G260RC. For cars - fits FG: Marder, Leopard, Monster Beetle, Monster Truck, Stadium Truck, Pajero, Evo, Sportline, etc. For cars - fits FG: Marder, Leopard, Monster Beetle, Monster Truck, Stadium Truck, Pajero, Sportsline, etc. Also fits Duratrax Firehammer, Firehammer MT, XTM Grizzly, Carson Attack, HPI Baja 5b, Traxxas Monster Buggy, MCD Rally, MCD Race Runner, MCD 4x4 Monster Truck, and most other large scale onroad and offroad RC cars.

If you will be using this engine for scooters: Select the DDM heavy-duty carburetor linkage + swivel (option bc110).

If you will be using this engine for R/C: Select the stock Zenoah carburetor linkage (option bc260).

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts