• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine Size Poll

Engine Size Poll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PISTOL PETE

Croozer said:
Anything over 26cc is a waste.
maybe in a buggy.the mts def need/use the extra displacement to move 8 lbs worth of tire. my opinion

Redcat2

I vote the 28.5cc mtr because....

Thats what mine had on it when I bought it and now i feel as if I get a smaller mtr it will suck.

28.5 with TGN side-pipe for me. AWSOME!!! :D ROCKET!!!!!!!!

Steve

forist

Contributor
OBR 30.5 Race Ported All The Way!!!!!!!!!! Puts a spanking on them bajas.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

Ron, mad scientist, whats the ETA on your frankenstein? Are you going to get vid of the first breaths?

Ron E

Contributor
hamster huey said:
Ron, mad scientist, whats the ETA on your frankenstein? Are you going to get vid of the first breaths?
picking it up from obeast44 june 5th at the largescalerc event... when I pick the truck up from him at the practice meet i'm dropping off the tt for the build. should be a wild rampage.

obeast will make videos of the break in runs like he did on my truck build i'm sure.

Croozer

forist said:
ONB 30.5 Race Ported All The Way!!!!!!!!!! Puts a spanking on them bajas.
If you have a ONB 30.5, I have a Baja.

hamster huey said:
Okay......I'll bite. Why is anything over 26cc a waste?
I've seen well built 26 cc Zenoah's embarrass big bores (28.5-30.5).

But to each his own.

ribbystorm

wow theres no way anything over a 26 cc is a waste how does that make sense even i have a 26 in my rampage and a 30.5 both the exact same engines the 30.5 just kills the 26 and if a well built 26 cc smokes a big bore what the hell is a well built big bore going to do like come on i don't get that forgive me biut i just don't that just don't make sense to me

RampageHopUps

Its all about the porting and type of pipe you run. If you get your engine purpose built by one of the good guys, they can make any engine/pipe kick ass.

forist

Contributor
I just put a ESP Modified & ESP Fully Ported 30.5cc Zenoah 4-Bolt in my Ramp yesterday and let me tell you there is a big difference. A lot more power than the Modified & Ported 2 bolt OBR 30.5 that I had in it before, Will have some video up of the brake in soon.

Martin

Same thing here forist, I'm in building a crazy dunerunner and I bought an ESP 30.5zen to put in it, I will however make the porting a little farther after the break-in, there is room for some improvement.

DemonRC

Croozer said:
Anything over 26cc is a waste.
Not exactly. You can still get plenty of speed out of a big bore with the right pipe/gear setup.

I do however share your love for the 34mm bores though. When the new XT's come out we will see alot of guys shifting toward the 26cc and 27cc. There's really no need to run a big bore on them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts