• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engine removal?

Guantanamo Joe

The three bolts that hold the gear plate to the engine, then two screws at the bottom of the flywheel cover. They are removed from under the chasis. Be careful not to lose the two barrel shaped spacers.

GoffeeRedCat

got it!! for some odd reason the little spacers seemed like the were glue on!!! maybe too much locktite!! but i got it!! new gaskets in hand and time to look for my exhaust leak!!!

blak__jak

save yourself some time when it comes to putting the motor back in by jb welding those two spacers to the frame. i just put a dab on each one and run a long bolt though them with a nut on other side and let the jb weld set up. it makes keeping them in place a snap when reinstallihg and they can be a p.i.t.a.

Deluge

Super easy. Remove the two bolts that go into the bottom of the engine, then the three that go into the clutch case and that's it.

Those spacers are a pain in the ass, for sure. The Python mount solves that problem.

rampage idiot

Deluge said:
Super easy. Remove the two bolts that go into the bottom of the engine, then the three that go into the clutch case and that's it.Those spacers are a pain in the ass, for sure. The Python mount solves that problem.
The python mount definitely makes it easier

krashkrieg

Contributor
I have the Python mount, but I'm afraid to install it....I had an issue with too much red locktite and stripped the hex...wound up having to hacksaw the deckspacere and screw in half...BIG PITA...If that ever (accidentally...lol) happened again, I would never be able to hacksaw it off...

So did a trick that I saw someone else do...basically used some real stifff foam and cut out a 'holder' for the spacers...basically it looks like the rubber gas tank spacer, and I believe the person I copied from used an extra one of those to make his...hmmm...I now have an extra two of those, I'll have to try one...

Guantanamo Joe

Krash... this is the reason I have not even taken the red locktite out of the package... for something like the engine mount, I just use the hell out of the blue... ha ha ha... Sucks that you had to go through all that, I bet it took a couple of beers to make the decision to get out the hack saw :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts