• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engine problems

Von

Hi everyone. I have a Redcat MT and just got a XB tonight. I got the MT used but its in like new condition. The seller was having trouble running it and decided gas is not for him. Well I'm having the same problem. It's a stock engine with a 990 carb. She just wouldn't start and seem to be flooding. So I switched back to the original carb that he sent with it. I like having a choke, especially in the cold. Still not having any luck plus it seems to have a LOT of compression. Nothing seems to be getting jammed but she's just hard to pull. Well I checked out my brand new XB today and she seems to have the same trouble turning over. Should I go with a Zenoah?

rampage idiot

I don't even know why you would say that seeing that a cy and hy are just zen clones, you are not giving enough info about your problem, check plug see if you got spark , are you getting fuel?????????????????

andyken

She just wouldn't start and seem to be flooding.

Remove the spark plug, turn it up side down and pull it over a few times.

After clearing the motor out, reset stock carb settings .

Check for spark [carefully] :)

Prime the carb.

Choke is usually only needed to get a pop out of the motor.

Then try to start it . [no choke]

I like the 990 carb, but...

My 990 carb seems to start up only after a quick squirt of starting fluid...

No choke sucks, maybe the new manifold and velocity stack I got might help out.

Von

Thanks for all the great advice. I'm new to 1/5 scale and I love the 4x4 with the Redcats. You guys are great and I really enjoy reading the forums.

BertR

What did you find out that was causing the issues that you were having with both rigs.Just wondering how it was solved incases somebody else has this problem.

alfred e numan

when these engines are flooded out they will be harder to turn over. almost lift the car with the starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts