• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

engine oil

Knuckles

Ok now that I am a owner of a xb (obeast build), I know I have to run synthetic oil but what brand? I guess also high octane fuel?

Obeast44

Banned
Any octane is fine, I always ran premium just for the hell of it. Any good reputable 2 stroke mix will be just fine. The guy that built that engine recommends Polaris gold.

Stumpdiggitty

i run Klotz oil and 91 Ethanol free gas.... runs great... tried some other oil from the dirtbike shop, and it was way too thick... M7 or something like that...

larryo

me and my friends stopped using the synthetic oil in the boat engines and did the same for the trucks.The rod on the crank end was turning blue with heat or something.this was a big topic on the dock and the testing come up with just use the reg oils like castrol or klotz oils.

But in saying this it's only a topic that we had on the boat forums,and i run 250ml per gal of fuel.And ring change ever year or 2 ring changes in the boat engines.And going to do the same with the trucks.

alfred e numan

yea, on big engines they attached probes to the bearings a while back. they found that the synthetic oils caused the bearings to run hotter.- the oil insluated - instead of conducting and pulling the heat away fron the bearings.- this was years ago- they may have restructured the oils by now?

larryo

This problem started this summer in the boat world,people was loosing $600 and $700 engines what a kick in the n#ts to loose a engine over a kind of oil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts