• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine life

ika

Hi,

How long stock Rampage MT 30cc engine will last without rebuilding?

Have I to replace stock bearings and seals I have not started yet, just new.

phreerider

with GOOD air filter, consistent tune and fuel mix and reasonable load many years 500+hours easy.

somewhere around 300 + hours my 30.5 compression fell off on mine. but i ;ll blame it on stress and ultra fine dust. definitely within normal limits of my expectations.

remember they are on the ground eating loads of dirt eventually will get them. run it without filter or crapy filter ...it won't be long before its over.

ika

Have I to change stock filter ?

ika

You think pre-filter is important? I have not it now

phreerider

if the bottom end is blown out, clutch maybe overheating and scorching the crank.

over something is out of round. it should have vibration but not "shaking the whole unit".

mud adds tons to the drive line and will kill most anything if you slam on it continuously.

clutch will go first if all holds together.

is ur unit eating alot of clutches?

ika

phreerider said:
if the bottom end is blown out, clutch maybe overheating and scorching the crank. over something is out of round. it should have vibration but not "shaking the whole unit".

mud adds tons to the drive line and will kill most anything if you slam on it continuously.

clutch will go first if all holds together.

is ur unit eating alot of clutches?
My MT is brand new, i have not started yet,waiting for some parts. So my question is: does stock engine bearings and seals work well and don't cause engine demage or its better to replace bearings and seals.

phreerider

if the unit is fresh... run it! bearings are fine. case bearing are solid . no worrries get a carb /pipe and rip!

gear plate needs to be alloy! MT comes with that .

ika

I got 668 carb and cpi pipe, replaced all bearing (except engine) and 8k clush installed. Waiting some parts ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts