• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine died when taking corners?

delta_kilo

So the engine is freshly broken in with a new Walbro 990 carb. When the tank was completely full and I was running it wide open it sounded like the engine would bog down a little at times. After a few minutes it started dieing when I make turns. It will idle fine just sitting as I let it sit for about 5 minutes idling. I then picked it up and ran it wide open for several 30 second time periods. Still all good and sounded good. I drive it forward and on the first turn it dies.

Anyone have any suggestions? Obviously it's a fuel issue but not exactly sure how to fix it.

TerraKill

youve got the correct lines fitted the right way? as one line is short, and the other reachs bottom of the tank and has a filter

the line with the clunk filter should be your intake, and it should be sitting on the bottom of the tank, able to roll around a little

G

A couple of questions:

- Did you do the tank vent mod yet?

- Does the primer bulb have fuel in it when it dies?

delta_kilo

I should probably check my buggy before I post. The fuel pick up line was to long and was sitting out of the fuel. Easy fix. No more engine dieing on corning.

G

That's good ya got it figured out. It always feels better to figure it out on your own anyway.

Deluge

Yep. Common issue. Make sure your clunk is sitting at the lowest point in the tank

Deluge

delta_kilo said:
I should probably check my buggy before I post. The fuel pick up line was to long and was sitting out of the fuel. Easy fix. No more engine dieing on corning.
Glad you got it sorted!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts