• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine cleaning

CyberVet65

Contributor
Believe it or not, I just use hot water and Dawn dish soap. The Dawn really cuts the grease. The brake/carb cleaner really smells and is kinda pricey. Just get some brushes.

Works for me. :eek:

rcgasser

I don't think you would want to put water and dawn in the inside of an engine. Gasoline works good and brake part cleaner works good also then coat the parts with assembly lube when putting back together.

phreerider

gas works great, used it countless times esp. for water wash out and partial disassembles.

an oil catch pan with mineral spirits and a brush is ideal and tidy and not so much fumes about.

CV65 has done the "mini hot tank", its mostly done BEFORE disassemble, and contains similar detergents and some water displacement agents, immediate heat to dry in some fashion. its(a hot tank) a hi pressure spray box that core parts are washed in before handling ...and then detailed in a solvent to follow in most cases for internal parts. heavy water absorption in cast parts is to be avoided, if "soaking" in water then stored for ANY amount of time---> corrosion will occur that is not want u want

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts